Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Liebster Award! Random Facts About Me!

The Liebster Award

A couple of weeks ago, I was pleasantly surprised by a comment on one of my posts from Christal from Lipstick and Ponytails that she nominated me (along with some other great bloggers) for the Liebster Award.  I was super excited that she was nice enough to nominate me as I've seen the award around but never expected that someone might nominate me!  I grabbed the explanation of the award from her post, so here's how it works!

The Liebster award is presented to bloggers with less than 200 followers and intended to get the word out about other great blogs.

The rules for this are really easy. The nominee must :

1. Link back to the person(s) who nominated them
2. Write 11 random facts about him/herself
3. Answer the 11 questions asked by the nominator.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who all have less than 200 GFC followers and let them know.
5. Come up with 11 new questions to ask the 11 bloggers nominated.

So here we go.


11 Random Facts About Me:

1. If you ask any of my friends, you will find out that it wasn't until to past two years or so that I have actually gotten into makeup and turned into more of a "girly girl".  They are all pleasantly surprised!
2. I have a cat named Guenhwyvar, which is a giant panther-like creature from a book series my fiancĂ© reads.  It wasn't until after we named him that Matt read the next book in the series and realized Guenhwyvar is a girl panther.
3. I am engaged to be married to my best friend for 6 years (our anniversary is March 28th) and our wedding is May 18th!  It's getting so close!
4. I play and am slightly obsessed with an online game called League of Legends.  We've been playing it for over two years and have met some really great people that live in California of whom we are looking to meet on our honeymoon on the Cali coast!
5. I grew up most of my life in a beach community in North Carolina.
6. Although I do love the beach, I much prefer to go swimming in a pool.  No sharks.  No stinging nettles.  No crabs.  :D
7. I am a habitual coffee cup user.  By that I mean that I don't truly enjoy my coffee unless it is in a particular mug.  I have one mug I use here at home and a particular mug I like to use at my parents house.  If the coffeeshop I go to would let me, I would bring them a mug to keep behind the counter just for me.
8. I love gardening and plants.  My favorite thing to do in the summer is to wake up just after sunrise to go out and water the garden.  It's the happiest time of the day for me.
9. I have read The Perks of Being a Wallflower at least six times.  I have owned the book three times now.  I lent it out twice and never got it back...hopefully I'll keep the copy I have from now on.
10. I actually prefer to wear minimal makeup on my eyes.  My daily look consists of tight lining my upper lids and mascara.  That's all I prefer.
11. I have a slight obsession with chapstick.  At the moment I can see seven tubes of it from where I am sitting.


Questions from Christal

1. What's your favorite song of the moment?
That's a hard one.  I always love the cover of "Wild Nights" by John Mellencamp

2. If you could choose your DNA, would you choose curly or straight hair?
I would have to say straight just because every curly haired person I know has to spend sooo much time taming theirs and I just don't have the patience for that.

3. When did you first start using makeup?
I guess I started wearing it daily in 9th grade.  But then stopped for a few years and just got back into it lately!

4. What's the youngest age do you think it would be acceptable to start wearing makeup?
I guess about the age I did.  I think middle school might be a little too young.  I would say 13.  A teenager should be able to wear makeup if they choose.

5. In a rush and you could only choose one makeup item, what would it be?
Mascara.

6. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
About 45 minutes including my shower.

7. What's your biggest makeup peeve?
Too much bronzer for contouring.

8. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Back to Hawaii.

9. If you had $100 to spend at only one store in the mall, where would you spend it?
Bath and Body Works.

10. What do you have in your current makeup collection that people would be surprised you own?
I have gold liquid eyeliner!  Love it!

11. Which celebrity look are you most inspired by?
Of the top of my head, Lauren Conrad.  I know so many people say that, but she just has great style.  I love her Bohemian look.


My Questions

1. If you could have any makeup item not sold in your area, what would it be?
2. What is your favorite color family of lip products?
3. Coffee or tea?  Or both?
4. What movie could you watch everyday?
5. What is your family family of scents?
6. Liquid liner or gel liner?
7. Do you have any creative talent?
8. What brand of makeup would you choose if you could only use that brand from now on?
9. If you could only wear one type of accessory (necklace, ring, bracelet, etc.) from now on, which would you choose?
10. Body lotion or body cream?  Body butter?
11. What color eyes would you have if you could choose?


I Nominate the Following Bloggers:



Well, I hope you enjoyed this way overdue post!  It was very fun to do!  I am so looking forward to reading the responses from everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Aww so glad you did the questions! I really enjoyed reading your random facts and answers! :-)

    xx Christal xx
    LipstickAndPonytails.com

    ReplyDelete