Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Review: Shorganics Lip Products

Shorganics by Matt and Megan Vick

In early February, I was sent a few products to try out from a line of (recently verified!!) vegan, organic products from Shorganics by Matt and Megan Vick.  One of the really cool things about this is that Megan is actually an old acquaintance from high school!  She and her husband started creating their products a few years ago as a hobby and have found that it has turned into a viable company that has grown a following of others who are looking for organic, cruelty free products that are good for your body as well as good to the environment.  




Megan was nice enough to send me a package with some samples of a few of their products I had been interested in trying.  I decided to go for a few skin products and received a body scrub, a body butter and a little body lotion as well as a lip scrub and two lip balms.  With that in mind, I chose to split the reviews of their products into two different posts.  Today I will talk about the lip products and later I'll tell you about the body products!  With that in mind, let's get on to the review!  




 


I was super excited to get a lip scrub from Shorganics, since I had been in the market for one.  First of all, the packaging of their products is very nice!  I love the little tubs the lip scrub and body butter and scrub were in.  The amount of lip scrub you get is really great in my opinion for $6.  I know this tub will last me quite some time but I definitely plan to repurchase it once I do!  I've been using the scrub a few times a week when getting ready in the morning.  It only takes a little bit and really exfoliates my lips so well!  My favorite thing is that it is a sugar scrub and tastes delicious!  The fact that all of their products are organic and vegan makes me feel totally okay with licking the sugar right off of my lips after exfoliating them!  I sometimes find myself wanting something sweet and contemplating taking a little taste of my lip scrub...I know, that sounds totally weird.  Anyway, moving on!




The two lips balms I received are Lavender Lemon and Mint Chocolate.  For $3 a pop, these lip balms are a great value!  I was pleasantly surprised at how much product was in the tubes!  It seems that they fill the tubes up as much as they possibly can to give you as much product as they can for your money.  The balms are super buttery and smooth and glide on so easily!  The flavors are also awesome!  The mint chocolate is delicious, with just the right balance of mint and chocolate.  Sometimes I worry that this type of flavor will turn out too minty, but theirs is just perfect.  The lavender lemon is also amazing!  I love using this one in the evenings, as lavender is a great calming scent.  These balms are super moisturizing and have great lasting power on the lips.  As you may know already, I am a super fan of Gap chapstick and usually go straight for them, but I have found myself reaching for the Shorganics lip balms a lot lately!  I keep one in my handbag and the other at my desk.  I absolutely recommend these balms.  If you are wondering about other flavors, Matt and Megan also offer Lime, Orange, Peppermint Mango, Tangerine Nutmeg, Peppermint Shea, and plain Peppermint flavors.


I am so excited to finally be sharing these products with you!  Megan was so nice to send these to me and I have been so swamped with everything lately that I haven't had the chance to sit down and write this for you!  I hope you will take a look at Matt and Megan's products and perhaps try out a few!  I'm looking forward to sharing the other half of the products I received from their line with you shortly!

Hill


2 comments:

  1. That lip scrub sounds amazing!

    Thanks for linking up to Makeup Monday!
    ~Maria-Isabel
    www.agapelovedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some really great products, for sure! I'm looking forward to linking up with you more in the future! :D

      Delete