Sunday, March 24, 2013

My Wedding Makeup: A Wishlist

In My Wedding Dreams


As you all may or may not know, I am getting married this May.  Yes, this May.  As in less than two months from now.  Wow!

I can't believe how fast the past year and a half has gone by.  It seems like just yesterday that we decided on a date and began contemplating what our dream wedding looks like in our minds.  My fiance and I will be celebrating our 6th anniversary this Thursday, and I can't wait to marry this guy who has been my best friend for so long.

Over the past few months, I have been working on a mental list of what products I want/need in order to pull off my wedding makeup look.  Since I have been getting so into beauty and watch so many YouTube makeup tutorials, I opted to save on the makeup artist and try my hand at doing my own.  This may seem like a disastrous mistake to some, but I find it to be a challenge to myself that I am willing to undertake!  With all of this in mind, I decided today I would share with you the products I am thinking about investing in to achieve the perfect look I am hoping for!



First and foremost, the Naked Basics Palette from Urban Decay ($27).  I have been wanting this palette since it first came out.  I unfortunately haven't been able to let myself splurge on either of the Naked palettes, but this one really speaks to me at half the price of the larger two palettes.  This will be perfect for my wedding eye look, as the colors are perfectly nude and matte.  I'm looking for a super matte finish to my eye look for the pictures.  This palette will be just perfect!



Next, is Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Tipsy ($25).  I have swatched this color a few times in Ulta and think that it's just great for the time of year of the wedding!  Hopefully I'll have a slight tan in May and corals are just so fun for summer!  The lasting power of this particular line of blush is why I have chosen it.  From the ceremony, to the reception, to the after-party at our favorite local hot spot, I am going to need something that will stay on my cheeks all night long!





Lastly, is Dior's Diorskin Shimmer Star in Amber Diamond ($45).  This product is something I have lusted after for a long time and this is certainly one that I would love to have but is the last priority item for my wedding day makeup look.  It may sound a little silly, but I want this product just to have a touch of it on the tops of my cheekbones for the moment I walk down the aisle.  Unfortunately, it is a well-known fact that shimmery highlighters don't do so well with flash photography, so I would have to powder over or wipe off the product before it's picture time.  I do however, love the idea of having that special glow when walking down the aisle that afternoon.


So there you have it!  My wishlist for my dream wedding makeup look.  Although I may have to opt for the less expensive versions of these products at the drugstore (or...maybe not...), I will definitely be looking to use these colors or colors like them for the big day!


Are there any products you are lusting over for a special event?  What do you think of these products I have chosen?


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! Those are so lovely, especially the Dior shimmer star. If ever I get married, I want to do my own wedding makeup as well! Looking forward to seeing your lippy/eye make-up for the day.
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure I will be doing a post about the wedding! I can't wait! :D

      Delete