Sunday, June 3, 2012

Save the Date Madness!!!




So, in my quest for a budget-friendly wedding, I have decided to take on the task of creating my own save the dates!  Although it has definitely been budget friendly (less than 75 cents per), it has been a little time consuming.  However, I am excited to feel the intense satisfaction of saving money and being a crafty bride! 


Let me show you how I made them!


Welcome to Hillary's Craft Corner!  
(much to the dismay of my lovely OCD fiancé...)


All of my materials came from Michael's Craft Store by the way!
Here are the AWESOME card stock and envelopes that came in all sorts of cool colors, including my wedding colors, purple and green!  The box came with 100 envelopes and 100 cards in 8 bright shades!  This was a perfect buy for me because not only was the box only $20, but I had a 40% off of one item coupon (yay me!), but I can use the colors I don't need for my saves the dates for other cards I want to send people!  If you know me well, you know that bright, crazy colors are definitely what I am drawn to.


 I found these great metallic, opaque markers that were perfect for use on the bold colors of the card stock I bought.  The theme of our wedding is a sort of springy, rustic feeling with lots of nature...we are going to have lots of flowers and branches all over the place, so I free-handed gold branches with green flowers on the purple cards and purple flowers on the green cards.





When Matt and I first started dating, we were really into a band called Carbon Leaf.  They have an awesome song called "A Life Less Ordinary" that we have ordained as "our song".  This has been a sort of mantra for our relationship, so what could be more fitting than to incorporate it into our wedding?


As a finishing touch, I sealed each envelope with a bride and groom stamp using white ink.  :D
Fitting isn't it?




No comments:

Post a Comment