Thursday, June 7, 2012

If you love Grilled Stuft Burritos, you will love me!!!



So if you are like me, when Grilled Stuft Burritos from Taco Bell came out, you were one happy, stuffed-full-of-burrito-goodness camper!  I used to get one of these delicious creations every time I made the relatively short, but seemingly long drive a few towns away to the nearest Taco Bell.

Well, as I've gotten older and a little more health conscious (even though I still enjoy a nacho cheese chalupa from time to time), I have become only an occasional patron of Taco Bell for the sheer fact that I really like to know exactly what is going into my meals.

Therefore, I decided to attempt making my very own homemade Grilled Stuft Burritos!





This creation happened to be one of those creations that we only had to buy a few of the ingredients needed since we already had more than half of them in the kitchen!

The basics of the Grilled Stuft Burrito from what I could remember was beef, beans, rice and cheese.  I am aware that sour cream was part of the recipe...however, I was never a fan of the sour cream and unfortunately for Matt (who loves sour cream), we forgot to pick some up.  

Of course, you can't have mexican food without Valentina Hot Sauce and pickled jalapeƱos!


I like to think of myself as a "Burrito Artist"...this is much like a Subway "Sandwich Artist" but more delicious!  :D

I layered cheese, rice, beef, jalapeƱos, beans, and of course MORE CHEESE!




You can't have a Grilled Stuft Burrito without grilling the burrito!  This is how I originally decided that we could pull of this delicious creation...we have a panini grill!!





After grilling for just a minute or so...my burrito had turned into cheesy melty goodness






I hope you will be inspired to make this creation at home as well!

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment