Thursday, April 4, 2013

Review: Maybelline Baby Lips

Please tell me I'm not the only one...


Somebody please tell me that I'm not the only one that doesn't understand the hype behind these lip balms.  

Today I'm bringing to you a review of the Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm.  I just needed to get my opinion out there on these because frankly, I don't like them.  I had super high hopes for these little babies (no pun intended, ha) because it seems that everyone in the beauty community just raves about them!  Unfortunately, these really do nothing for my lips and in fact, I feel that they actually make my lips drier than they were before.




I picked up my first Baby Lips in Peach Kiss (left) last year when they were first released and everyone was going nuts over them!  It's a really nice, nude peachy color with a little shimmer in it.  It also smells AMAZING.  I was so excited to get it that I put it on immediately when I got in the car.  I loved the color on my lips, loved the formula, and especially loved the peachy scent.  But I noticed that after just a little while (not even half an hour), that my lips were starting to feel not only like the balm was wearing off, but that they felt drier than they were before I put it on!  I tried it over and over again over the next few weeks and realized that I was just starting to push it aside and go for other products instead.



Looks like I may have switched the swatches...Coral Crush is on the left, Peach Kiss on the right


Peach Kiss remained in my makeup storage for the next year or so.  Then, recently Maybelline released another collection of these guys!  I decided to go ahead and grab another one, just in case that maybe the formulation was better.  I grabbed Coral Crush just a few weeks ago.  I made sure to grab one without shimmer this time, because I know that sometimes shimmery lip products can tend to be drying and I thought I should give Baby Lips another go.  No.  Didn't help.  Not a bit.  My new Baby Lips is just as drying on my lips, and although it smells nice and gives a nice wash of color to my lips, I just can't understand what the fuss is about.  I really wish that I liked this product because I think to packaging is adorable and they smell awesome.  They are definitely not for me although I have heard great things about them!

So tell me, have you tried Baby Lips?  Do you like them?  Have you had an experience like mine?  I am very curious to see what you all think!

Thanks always for reading.  :D

Hill



1 comment:

  1. So good you posted this! I was toying with the idea about purchasing one, but I have really dry lips and I don't think this will help them! Great to read this review and how honest it was. Love reading your blog, Hill!

    Hannahmariebeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    X

    ReplyDelete