Monday, November 5, 2012

Nail of the Day: Revlon Colorstay Vintage Rose

Revlon Colorstay: Vintage Rose


So, if you ask my fiancĂ©, he will tell you that I love nail polish a little too much.  To him, I have entirely too many bottles of it and there is no need for one person to have so many different colors to choose from for their nails.  What's the point, right?  Well to me, there are never enough bottles of nail polish in my collection.  For the sake of his sanity, I try to make sure that I do at least wear the colors I own throughout the year and I do throw out or give away the colors I am not so fond of.  I thought that one of the best ways for me to keep up with trying out all of my colors throughout the year is to do "Nail of the Day" posts on my blog!  It definitely won't be a daily post, but I will try to share one with you at least every two weeks!  It will keep my nail polish fresh and allow me to really enjoy my collection and get the best out of all of my great colors!

So, to start things off, I decided to go with one of my new polishes that I have only worn once since purchasing it about a month ago.  Revlon Colorstay in Vintage Rose (310) is a beautiful dusty rose color with a cream finish.  By cream finish, I mean that the color has no noticeable shimmer or glitter to it.  It is a nice, opaque rose color that is perfect for fall.  






The polish is extremely easy to apply and after two coats, it is completely opaque.  One thing I love about the polish is that it doesn't streak.  I have a hard time with finding polishes (especially cream finishes) that do not streak when I paint my nails.  I am admittedly not the best at giving myself a manicure, so I need all of the help I can get when it comes to streaking.  The polish is also very long-wearing, hence the name Colorstay.  With a top coat, I can wear the polish for almost an entire week without a single chip (which is HUGE for me, as I am ROUGH on my nails).  

The Colorstay line of polishes from Revlon have gotten rave reviews from many other bloggers and Youtubers.  I have only tried this color so far, but I definitely plan to purchase a few other colors in the future.

I hope you enjoyed this Nail of the Day!  I look forward to sharing many more polishes with you!  

1 comment: