Monday, November 12, 2012

MyGlam aka Ipsy November Bag

"Party Perfect"


So, here it is!  The mighty Glam Bag I have mentioned a few times!  This subscription service is seriously awesome.  For $10 a month you get a makeup bag filled with a few full-sized and a few sample-sized beauty products.  The types of products received every month range from hair products to skin products to makeup and sometimes, nail polish!  There is always something exciting to try in each bag and there have been times that I have discovered a product that I love and would have never tried otherwise.

Each month the "Glam Girls" come up with a theme for the bag and try to tailor the products they send out to that theme.  For November, the theme is Party Perfect.  The products in this bag are great for a "night out" look for the Fall and Winter season.  In this post, I have included pictures of the products I received, as well as mini reviews (from what I've gathered from them) of each product!


The bag is a nice size and quality. 
 It is a dark brown nylon-type material with a gold zipper.



The first product I pulled out of my bag was this Nailtini Nail Lacquer in Millionare.  I had never heard of this brand before, but after some research they seem to do nail, lip and eye products.  This polish is a gold and red micro glitter with a clear base.  It also has big teal and gold flecks throughout.  The polish is actually really nice.  I am picky about the application of glitter polishes and the micro glitter in this allows for easy application with a good amount of glitter distributed throughout the nail.  This polish is okay on it's own, but will definitely be complimented well by a lot of different shades underneath.  I will definitely be doing a "Nail of the Day" post soon with this polish.







Okay, so first and foremost I love the name of this The Balm Meet Matt(e) Eyeshadow (my fiance's name is Matt).  Second, I have always wanted to try The Balm's eyeshadows.  I have to say, the shadow is really nice.  It is well pigmented and blended easily on my hand.  I also like the color...it is a dark, matte gunsmoke color, which I don't believe I have a color like this in my collection.  The packaging of this product is also awesome.  It is one of the best sample eyeshadows I've received.  The cover closes magnetically, so that it's never a hassle to open the sample and try out the color.




I was a little disappointed when I pulled this is out of the bag.  :(  Apparently this month we would receive one of two items from the following choices: This eyebrow gel from Chella OR Benefit's "They're Real" Mascara.  I wanted the mascara SOOOO bad!  As luck would have it, I didn't get it.  :(  Boo.  However, the only other eyebrow gel I own is from ELF, which is doing the job.  But, I can't complain about getting another one.  This product does just what it is supposed to as a brow gel.  The brush is actually rather nice compared to my ELF gel so I'm sure I will be using this one instead.





The next product is an eyeliner from Starlet Cosmetics in the color Chocolate.  I was really excited to get this liner because I actually don't have a brown liner.  This liner was a little bit of a miss for me.  I was expecting it to be a bit smoother as far as application. It's not a bad pencil for lining above the lash line on my top lids, but it is definitely not something to use on the waterline.  It was a little too waxy and was dragging across my waterline rather than gliding on.  It is a decent liner from smudging around the lash line, but wasn't exactly what I was expecting.


Above the gloss swatch is a swatch of the Starlet eyeliner.


The final product in my bag is a (rather large) sample of Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss.  This gloss claims to be a volumizing gloss that also hydrates the lips.  First of all, I love this color.  It is beautiful any time of the year and is definitely something I am fond of wearing.  The gloss is a decent texture in my opinion.  I am really funny about "sticky" glosses and was pleasantly surprised to find that this is not too terribly sticky.  The pigmentation is very sheer at first, but it can be built up a little to be a little more opaque.  It is definitely a very shiny gloss and has a nice minty feel to it.  It doesn't have a strong tingly sensation like some lip plumpers tend to have.  It almost feels like I brushed my teeth and left a little toothpaste on my lips.  I would recommend this gloss to someone looking for a lip plumper than wont hurt their lips and they want a slightly pigmented, highly shiny gloss.


All in all, this months Glam Bag was fun.  It definitely wasn't my favorite bag I have received, but I will definitely get some use out of each product.  I definitely recommend to anyone who loves beauty products and trying new things to give MyGlam (Ipsy) a try.  It's only $10 a month and each month you receive more than $10 worth of products.  Hope you enjoy!
If you have any questions or comments or if you have tried MyGlam or these products, let me know in the comments!  :D



No comments:

Post a Comment