Sunday, November 23, 2014

12 Days of Tarte - Door 2 - Maracuja Self Tanning Face Towelette

Maracuja Self Tanning Face Towelette


Behind door 2 of the 12 days of Petite Treats 12 Days of Tarte Deluxe Collection, was the Brazilliance Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Self Tanning Face Towelette.  Let me preface this review with a little background on my self-tanning experience...I don't really have much.  I use Jergens Natural Glow foam and really enjoy it.  What I like most about it is that it is a gradual tanning experience.  Any tanning that shows up dark within a few hours is not something I am experienced with.



With that in mind, I actually quite liked using this Maracuja Self Tanning Face Towelette.  The packaging is convenient and the application was super quick!  You can purchase a box of 10 of these single-use little packets from Tarte and use them when you need a little color on your face.  I'm sure these would be especially helpful to someone who tans regularly and is nervous about putting what they use on their body on their face.

After exfoliating my face in the shower, instead of putting on my moisturizer, I swiped the towelette across my face and down my neck according to the instructions.  I let it sink into my skin and went about my day.  I didn't apply any makeup or moisturizer; I just let it sit on my skin and develop throughout the day.



Just before application 10 AM



Evening of day of application 10 PM


Thankfully, I wasn't overwhelmed by the amount of color the towelette gave me.  Perhaps for some, that's not a good thing but I feel like it gave me a nice flush without looking too orange.  The second picture was under artificial, warm toned lighting (sorry), which makes me look more orange than I actually was.  I have to say that I am impressed with this product.  If I used self-tanner more often, I would probably want to invest in these. 

I like that I felt good about the ingredients I was putting on my face.  It didn't break me out or leave me feeling dry, since I didn't put on moisturizer after application.  I applied this product two days ago and am still seeing the effects of the self-tanner.  

I have to say that I would recommend this product, particularly if you self-tan and are not sure about tanning your face!

Have you tried these towelettes or anything similar?  Let me know in the comments below!

As always, thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment