Friday, October 17, 2014

Foodie Friday: Ground Turkey & Spinach Stuffed Enchilada Shells

Mexican Italian Fusion

Hello!  This weeks Foodie Friday comes to you from my kitchen!  And Pinterest.  Let's be real.  I was super busy this week with finishing up my seasonal job for the summer and catching up with some friends I hadn't seen in a while.  I did actually go out a few times (probably more than I should have), but I was so busy catching up and eating the delicious food I had that I didn't think to grab some photos.  I DID however snag a photo of the dinner I made the other night which was quite tasty if I do say so myself.

Since I am not working full-time anymore, I have a lot more time on my hands to find and create meals at home.  Matt's work schedule has also changed a little, giving us more time to eat dinner together (a rarity for us).  The other day I came across this tasty-looking recipe on Pinterest and decided we should give it a try.

At the grocery store, we opted for ground turkey instead of chicken because ground turkey cooks quickly and we've become big fans of it as of late.  To add a little extra "oomph" to the dish, we chose to cook up some yellow rice to add to the mixture inside of the shells.  It most definitely turned out quite tasty.  Matt and I however decided that we are not big fans of enchilada sauce from the store, so we will be looking for different sauces to try out next time.  




Bottom line: I will be making this again.  It was quick and CHEAP and filling!  We made enough for three leftover meals AND another casserole dish full of shells to freeze for later!  Score!


I give this 4 bugs for the simpleness of the dish, price point and taste.  It doesn't get five bugs because we need to try it without enchilada sauce and go from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment