Friday, October 10, 2014

Foodie Friday: Bad Bean Baja Grill

Tasty Fries!

Today's delicious restaurant choice was the Bad Bean Baja Grill in Kill Devil Hills, NC.  Bad Bean is a place we have returned to time after time and always have something unmistakably delicious!

One of the really fun things about Bad Bean when it comes to their drinks specials is that they have a variety of margarita or mojito concoctions that change often!  In the past I have tried blackberry and cantaloupe; today I had a honeydew mojito!  Today's was my favorite of all three.   The refreshing mint with the cool honeydew was just perfect together and would go extremely well with a spicy dish.



Bad Bean also has four salsas to choose from for the complimentary chips they bring to the table.  There are three "normal" salsa varieties to choose from: mild, medium or hot (each of which has it's own little twist); along with a verde tomatillo based salsa.  Today we chose the medium variety, which is a roasted tomato salsa with a little kick.  DELICIOUS.  It has a nice acidity that is unexpected from the roasted tomatoe, but it balanced out well with a nice sweetness that also comes from the tomatoes.  The roasted flavor in the background pairs spectacularly with the chips!  Tasty!



For my entree, I went with a choice I discovered the last time we went when I was looking for something light.  Usually, I go with the marinated tofu burrito but rice and beans felt a little heavy for me today, so I ended up choosing the "Callie" Wrap.  This wrap is packed with marinated tofu, lettuce, fresh tomatoes, monterey jack and cheddar cheese, and guacamole.  It is a perfect light wrap packed with healthy veggies and protein from the tofu.  The wrap is cold, but the tofu is hot so the cheese melt well when it's all wrapped together.  It's a super refreshing, feel-good wrap!

The BEST part about getting an entree at Bad Bean that comes with fries are those damn fries.  They are RIDICULOUS.  They are named "garlic cilantro fries" and they are to die for.  The garlic flavor almost feels infused into the fries themselves and they are always fried up perfectly golden brown.  Now, I am not a cilantro person.  Don't like it at all.  However, they only sprinkle the chopped cilantro on top of the fries after they are plated, so a person like me can just pick it off.  They are perfect for my husband though, because he can just gobble everything right up.

Speaking of the husband, he grabbed a daily special today and went with the beef brisket sandwich.  It was tender, smoked brisket smothered in cheese on a sub roll served up with the amazing fries.  I only had a bite, but it was melt-in-your-mouth delicious!

So, if you're ever in the Kill Devil Hills area of the Outer Banks and are looking for a tasty meal, stop by Bad Bean Baja Grill.  You won't be disappointed, I'm sure!

Five Bugs!






No comments:

Post a Comment