Monday, December 23, 2013

Review: Lush The Comforter Bubble Bar

I Took a Bath...and it was AWESOME.


It's been a while since I did a review of anything beauty related.  I need to change things up a bit.  I would like you to know about this amazing little bubble bar I tried out from Lush last night!  For my birthday, Matt offered to let me get on Lush's online store and order as many products as I could fit into a pre-determined budget for my birthday gift.  Lush products are something that I will buy for myself once in a blue moon because, lets be honest, they're freaking expensive!  This was a perfect gift for me, so I wouldn't feel guilty about spending so much on "frilly bath stuff".  I placed my order, grabbing a few things I know I love and making sure to throw in some new items that had good reviews!

The first one I decided to try out from my order was "The Comforter" Bubble Bar.  Lush has an array of different products, and the ones for the bath range from Bubble Bars (which by the name, you can probably guess make bubbles) to Bath Bombs (bath fizzies) to Bath Melts (which make the water silky smooth).  

The first thing I really like about this bubble bar is that it's HUGE.  The whole thing is about the size of my palm, so I knew that this is a good one to break up and use a few different times.  I was able to break off a third of it and get a pretty darn bubbly bath!  Score!



The first thing I noticed about The Comforter when I pulled it out of its packaging was the scent.  It smells JUST LIKE the shower jelly, Sweetie Pie, I bought from Lush in L.A. while Matt and I were on our honeymoon.  So immediately I knew I would love my bath because it would remind me of our honeymoon.  :)  By the way, shower jellies are so neat!  Matt described Sweetie Pie as "if soap and Jello had a baby, this would be it".  They're really, very cool.




I crumbled The Comforter under the faucet while the bath was filling up and immediately bubbles started forming and the bath turned pink!  The whole bathroom filled up with the sweet scent.  It was lovely.  The Comforter made the bath feel really smooth and silky and it smelled beautifully fragrant.  It made for an awesome bath experience.  I absolutely recommend The Comforter.  It's worth the money ($10.95), particularly if you break it up and use it in multiple baths.




Do you have any favorite Lush products?

Have you tried The Comforter?

4 comments:

  1. I love The Comforter, at first I didn't think the scent was nice for some weird reason but once it was in my bath tub it smelt like heaven! It seriously makes so many bubbles!

    Olivia Foster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband and I felt that way about Sweetie Pie when we first smelled it in LA but it reminds me of something that I can't put my finger on and just smells so lovely!

      Delete
  2. I definitely need to try out one of these! That must have been super relaxing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It most definitely was! I have a few more to try out and will certainly be doing reviews of those as well :) Keep an eye out! And thanks so much for reading and commenting regularly, it means so much!

      Delete