Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Checking In

Long time, no blog!

Well, not too long.  Relatively…

It's been a little over a week since I've blogged.  I just got a little out of the groove.  I kept looking at my Blogger dashboard and just not wanting to write anything.  So here's an update.

I've decided to pull back from the Runner's World Holiday Running Streak.  I ran at least one mile per day for 10 days, but at the end of that 10 days I realized that my shins were starting to bother me a bit.  I have a history with shin splints and was getting the feeling they were coming back, so I decided I really need to take advantage of rest days.

My run yesterday felt good.  I got out for 30 minutes and ran 2.3 miles.  Not bad for me…I'm still trying to work up a full 5K run without walking and would like to get down to a sub-30:00 5K time within the next few months.  So, I'll just continue to chug along.



In other news, I've been eating a lot of veggie wraps lately (YUM), drinking good beer that tastes like a Yoohoo, refinishing our Kitchenaid Mixer (more on that later), and decorating for Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment