Wednesday, November 27, 2013

November Progress and Goals

 What I've Achieved...What's Next?

I'm thinking that since I'm back on the "running bandwagon" and I really want to see this through and achieve quite a few goals I've thought about for a long time, I should evaluate those goals and my current progress at the end of each month.

Here's where we're at so far:

This week involved getting back into the "groove" of running.  It's so funny, once I get going, I never want to stop.  I want to run every. single. day.  I've been trying to give myself some rest days, but to be honest, it's rough!  I just want to run!  I've always read to listen to what your body is saying to you and so far, it hasn't been unhappy!  So that's great!  Had it not been for the rain, I would have run this afternoon.  Tomorrow is another day.  :)

So far, I feel like I'm doing pretty well.  I was super proud of myself Monday night.  That 2 mile run was all a run except for about 1/10th of a mile halfway through.  This was a big deal for me!  I'm super proud.  It was also 30 degrees out and dark, so that makes me even more proud.  I feel like I run so much better when I'm freezing cold!

Onto my current goals:
 

I think that running 100 miles in 60 days is an attainable goal that I hope to blow out of the water!  This means I have to run at least 12.5 miles each week.  This will be a bit of a challenge in the beginning I'm sure, but I plan to increase my miles each week meaning I should get to 100 miles by the end of January!

So this is where we're at.  Progress and goals!  Let's do this!


Do you have anything you've done recently that you're super proud of?  
Any goals you want to achieve?  




2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! You can totally do it! I just ran my best 5k yesterday. Slow and steady lol. However, I am very short of my yearly goal of 500 miles...maybe next year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how hard it is too keep up with goals you set out for yourself, believe me. I hope you can make your 500 next year! I had a 365 in 365 goal at the beginning of this year, but the summer happened and running fell to the wayside. :(

      Delete