Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Review: Flower Beauty Shine On Lip Gloss in Pretty in Petunia

Flower Beauty Shine on Lip Gloss in Pretty in Petunia


Last month in the January edition of Allure magazine, Drew Barrymore was featured.  She talked about the usual things: her past, movies she's been in, her love life...but she also talked about something I was super excited to see!  She was about to launch her new makeup line, Flower Beauty to be sold exclusively at Walmart.  I have to admit that after reading the magazine, I totally forgot about Flower.  However, yesterday I was in Walmart and came across a display of a brand of makeup I had never seen in stores before.  It took me a minute to figure it out, but after pondering for a moment I realized that it was Drew Barrymore's collection!

The collection at my Walmart consisted of a display of a few different lip products including glosses and three varieties of lipstick finishes, a couple of mascara formulations, and nail polishes.

The price range of these products are within the usual drugstore prices, around $5-7 for one item.  I decided to use a gift card from Christmas to pick up three items to have a little variety to share with you.  I am going to make this a little mini series of the three items I grabbed, since one of them is a polish and I want to do a nail-of-the-day with it!





The first product I picked up from Drew's new line is this Shine On Lip Gloss in Pretty in Petunia.  First, I have to say that the packaging of these products is gorgeous.  They have nice clean, crisp lines with a very classic look.  The white top with the silver border makes this product look very upscale to me.  

Pretty in Petunia just looked like a really nice basic color to have.  It's a great rose pink with a very slight coral undertone to it.  I thought this would be a nice spring color.  It adds a fresh look to my face and really brightens up my mood.




The gloss has a doe-foot applicator, which I love, and is easy to apply.  It has nice pigmentation and is not too sheer, but also not super opaque.  It is a nice gloss that can be worn with our without lipstick and gives great color to the lips.  It's not a super sticky gloss and has great staying power.

The thing I love most about this gloss and the other lip product I picked up from the line is the scent.  Both products are rose-scented!  This goes along great with the "Flower" theme of the line and makes for a really nice, elegant feel to the products.




Have you tried anything from this line yet?  Is there anything from it you are looking forward to trying?  Stay tuned for the next two items I purchased from Flower Beauty at Walmart!

8 comments:

  1. I have Drew Barrymore! It's a shame they don't have a Walmart here. The range sounds lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very elegant line! I may have to do some sort of giveaway or perhaps a swap with those not in the states. There are definitely some UK products that are difficult to find here that I have been wanting to try! :D

      Delete
  2. This colour looks so pretty! I'm excited to try her line but don't live near Wal-Mart and products tend to come out here ages later here :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really nice color! I'm looking forward to sharing the other two items I got! I'm sorry you aren't near Walmart! I hope you can get your hands on something from the line soon! :D

      Delete
  3. I wish they had Wal-Mart here this looks really pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the only down side to store-exclusive lines! I wish I could send you all her products! :D

      Delete
  4. I didn't know this was coming out so quickly! When I read the article I thought it was in the "works". Now I really need to get my butt to Wal-Mart!
    Thanks for stoping by my blog and I'm following you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! Your blog is quite lovely! I hope you can get out to Walmart soon! I totally forgot her line was coming out and just happened to glance upon them while the fiancé was looking at the "man stuff" :D

      Delete